Event location (Map link)
Street address of the event center Pirttimäki recreational area is Kunnarlantie 110, 02740 Espoo. Arrival from the crossing of Ring3 and road 110, from where about 10min drive + time for parking. No specific Bodom Trail signage.
Parking area is very limited and will not be enough if all participants drive alone. We warmly recommend the following means for arriving to the event:
1. Charter bus from different places around Helsinki. Five buses that take you directly to the heart of the event. Departures from Helsinki city center, Itäkeskus, Tikkurila, Leppävaara and Espoon keskus. Particpant material is delivered to you in the bus, setting you free from queuing at the race office. Read more.
2. Bus 86 from Espoontori (Espoon keskus) once every hour, drive time about 20min. Check details from Reittiopas.
3. Bike. A great wake-up and warm-up from those living nearby. The perfect transport for audience because cycling is the most practical way to follow the race during the day in several places along the course. One option is to park at Oittaa and bike the rest (3km).
4. Forming a car pool in advance and arriving to Pirttimäki with full car.
5. Combining rides at Oittaa recreational area parking (lower Kunnarlantie) and driving to the event center in full cars. Drive time about 5min + parking. Event officials will be at Oittaa coordinating the rides, as well as on the way back from the event center. This has worked smoothly the previous times and will certainly do so again.
We kindly but strongly request as few as possible participants and spectators to arrive in empty cars.
Further tips for arriving by car:
Participants arriving from the North (from Vihdintie) are also requested to form car pools if possible, although from this direction it is not coordinated along the road by the event organization. Drivers arriving alone may have to continue to Oittaa to share a ride to Pirttimäki (takes about 30min extra).
Arrival along Ring 3 from the East: Drive all the way to Kunnarla exit (the last exit before Turku highway) to get to Kunnarlantie on the westside of lake Bodom. This will bring you to the point 5 above. Don’t exit Ring 3 in Röylä exit although navigator may suggest this. It will take you to the northside of the lake and past the Oittaa car pool point. In this case we may have to send non-full cars to Oittaa parking.
Open an online map by clicking the map image.